Translate

Tuesday, June 05, 2012


Today was a rather uneventful day.  All I did was drive 80 miles round trip to Jacksonville for an injection that took one minute.  Then I had to sit there for a half hour to be sure I had no adverse reactions like seizures.  They told me the five hours of chemo I had yesterday will destroy my white blood cells so this injection is to force my bone marrow to spurt out a great quantity of them right now to keep the immune system going.  It seems with chemo treatment they pump you full of stuff that can kill you so they have to give you other stuff to make sure it doesn’t.  I was actually feeling pretty good today since yesterday’s chemo did not make me nauseas and the swallowing pain has subsided considerably. I was even fantasizing about real solid food.  (Yes, I have become obsessive about food.)  Then as I was leaving the nurse pointed out, “This injection can cause you back pains.”  She made my day.  On the drive home all I could think abut was those two beers.

No comments: