Translate

Thursday, June 14, 2012


Several of my friends have commended me for remaining upbeat during this unpleasant encounter with cancer. They have even mentioned my demonstrating a sense of humor.  There are reasons for this.  First, I don't know what is going on inside my throat.   I have always avoided creating problems before they exist, so I see no point in agonizing over treatment results until I know what they are. Second, I tend to be inherently optimistic. Now I will be put to the test.  Next week it's show down.  The cards come out on the table (really the computer) for my doctors to see.  I am scheduled for an endoscopy next Wednesday and a Pet scan next Friday.  Then the suspense. I will probably not know the results until I meet with my doctor on Monday the 25th when I am also scheduled for another dreary five hour encounter with chemotherapy.  But finally we will know something! The tests next week should indicate who is prevailing in the battle over my esophagus, cancer or the doctors.  Obviously, I am rooting for the doctors. 

2 comments:

Bill Hooper said...

"Rah, rah, rah!" for the doctors.

Anonymous said...

We on the north end of the Island are rooting for you.