Translate

Wednesday, June 20, 2012


It was the great disappearing act although I slept through it.  After my endoscopy on Tuesday my doctor declared, "the tumor has disappeared."  He was comparing it to the endoscopy he did about four months ago so that counts as good news.  He also said he took several biopsies tumor or not.  He actually told this all to my wife because I was still asleep and incoherent in the recovery room. Anyway when I woke up enough to grasp this information she told me I was pretty happy.  I did not run right out to get a cheeseburger to celebrate, however, because my throat still hurts like hell.  The doctor said he saw some irritation which probably caused my painful swallowing all week and which I'm sure was exacerbated by shoving something like a thin garden hose down my throat. So now we wait again.  The biopsy results?  The PET scan I will have Friday?  I was going to close with some trite phrase about the light at the end of the tunnel, then I remembered a remark by some European politician who said "The austerity measures are so severe we had to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel."  I thought that was funny. 

5 comments:

Bill Hooper said...

What wonderful news?
We're exceedingly happy for you.

Bill & Barbara

Deb & Bruce said...

Excellent news Bill. I read this daily with mixed feelings...today I read and get a dose of happy!

Bob Raser said...

I was thinking you may not want to grow the hair back - or maybe just a buzz cut. I really like that look.

Burt said...

"Daddy Warbucks" came through! You will be coming out "Tomorrow."

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the good news, Bill.
Palle d'acciaio, davvero!
Cari saluti dal Bel Paese.

Rob