Translate

Monday, June 04, 2012


Great news at the oncologist meeting today:  I can drink two beers or two glasses of wine a day!  (Cocktails are not sanctioned because the alcohol content varies in the eye of the beholder who is pouring.) For me, this is a significant lifestyle milestone in the course of my treatment. Up until last week alcohol burned when it went down but the lava flow has stopped. So now when I break the sore throat swallowing barrier and can eat solid food again we are off to a Jacksonville Suns baseball game for hotdogs and beer!  You see, when you are going through what I am, a simple pleasure like going to the baseball park, becomes enormous.  I am learning it should be that way whether you are cancerous or not.  Don't wait until a simple pleasure is taken away before you realize how much you loved it.  It is that lesson you have heard before many times and it is trite, but it is true:  Never take anything for granted, like beer. Oh, on to serious medical considerations, the doctor said I will have a PET scan in two or three weeks and an endoscopy to see if any of this magic medical misery is working. More time to reflect on the unknown I suppose.  I was zonked with five hours of chemo today.  Let's see.  Two weeks, that's 14 days, times two, we will deal with the next diagnosis 24 beers from now.

4 comments:

Burt said...

Two beers or two glasses of wine a day--I too am on that 'diet'. Last night I had my wine consumption for July 2015. I like to stay ahead of the diet. Plan ahead!

David Tudor said...

I'd normall say have one for me, this time they're both for you. Make em full pints at least.

Pick a night with fireworks for Linda and root, root, root for the home team.

David Tudor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill Hooper said...

But 2 x 14 equals 28 beers, Bill, not 24! :-)