Translate

Sunday, August 19, 2012


In my quest for the presidency (you may remember I announced my candidacy on August 9), I believe one of the most pressing issues is how much a candidate relates to the middle class.  First Obama attacked Romney and the Republicans for their war on the middle class and how their policies would destroy it.  Then Romney countered by launching a bus tour called "the Romney plan for a stronger middle class." All of a sudden, Romney and the Republicans love the middle class, everybody loves the middle class.  So my platform contends that I love the middle class more that they do because I am one.  Nobody is more middle class than me.  I have not been a Congressman for the last 14 years like Paul Ryan getting all kinds of perks like fantastic health care, lots of lobbyist money, free postage and use of the exclusive House barber shop.  No, for the last 14 years I had a small business and really worked my ass off for my money.  As for Mitt Romney, I can't imagine being worth $230,000,000 or having an income in 2011 of some $20 million, half in capital gains and nothing in wages.  Not to mention that I would not even know how to open a Cayman Island bank account nor build a house with a car elevator.  So I cannot conceive that Mitt Romney has any idea of what the middle class is, much less how we live.  So if you really love the middle class, vote for the genuine article…me.

No comments: