Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012


Why is it right wingers go semi-hysteric and accuse you of being "un-American" or, even worse, "un-Patriotic" if you do not agree with them? A recent Facebook exchange went something like this:  "I don't like the way Obama is squandering my money!"  (For right-wingers it's always "their" money.)  I pointed out that I thought Bush squandered a great deal of money on the wars he started.  Kaboom, the hysteria bomb exploded.  "You just ask all America-loving citizens if the money for the wars was wasted under Bush."  Of course, the implication is that I am not an "America-loving citizen" otherwise I would agree with him. Quite frankly I resent being called un-American or un-Patriotic by these knuckleheads and, unfortunately, you are going to see a lot of this from the right wing in the coming Presidential campaign.  This kind of thing, pitting Americans against each other with charges of being "un-American" is poison.  Those of you who remember the McCarthy era will know what I mean.  If you don't remember it, ask someone who does.  You will learn something.


Sideblog:  With this post, I am inaugurating the "Raser’s Edge Dumb Ass Awards" or the Daaaah.  These will be awarded from now until the end on the Presidential Campaign and will be bestowed upon anyone regardless of political party, official position (elected or not), or level of intelligence.  And the first Daaaah goes to Mitt Romney for his sterling ineptitude evidenced by standing before the NAACP and declaring:" I'm going to eliminate every non-essential, expensive program I can find. That includes Obamacare." I guess no one told him that "Obamacare" is the derogatory way Republicans refer to the Affordable Health Care Act or that the majority of black people favor it.  Yes, I know some Republican spinsters have rated Romney's speech a roaring success.

No comments: