Translate

Friday, May 25, 2012


Now that my blog has been going for a couple weeks, I am getting interesting reactions. Several friends have said they hesitate to say they "enjoy" the blog but they appreciate the things I am saying about my adventures in cancerland.  It is perfectly all right to "enjoy" what I am writing because I understand what you're thinking.  I’m getting my point across.  I do not "enjoy" having cancer, but I won't deny it.  I can't just make it go away so I think the best thing to do is whack it head on.  Like a mosquito. Do you remember that old saying that used to show up on t-shirts, coffee mugs and office bulletin boards:  "Non illigitimus carborundum" (Don't let the bastards get you down)  That rather sums up my approach to this rather distasteful experience.  So keep reading the blog and let me know what you think. I enjoy reading you comments.

Flash update:  Since I posted my picture yesterday in all my baldness, my friends are dividing into two camps:  Savalas or Willis.  Which one do I look like?  At the moment, Willis is winning.  Cast your ballot today! (Could be a generation gap.  How many remember the fat, bald, lollypop loving detective?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill I recommend you just tell everyone that you are folliclee impaired.

The OLD Blacksmith

Bob Raser said...

Raser's Edge is my "must read" every morning. Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

Bill, if you don't mind, I would like to nominate a third party candidate: Daddy Warbucks.

Rob PZ

Bert said...

Bill,

I agree with Rob . . . Daddy Warbucks for sure!! Plus, then we can all sing you "The sun"ll come out tomorrow" for inspiration. :)

Bert

Anonymous said...

Bill: I go with Patrick Stewart (Star Trek - Captain Picard)