Translate

Thursday, May 31, 2012


The day started out great.  The email from a Ms. Sandra Johnson, who addressed me as her "Dear Beloved in Christ," told me she was the recipient of her late husband's seven million pounds sterling currently deposited in a London bank and she was giving it all to me.  Wow!  I couldn't believe my good luck!  Then, in the next paragraph, she told me she was in a hospital in the Netherlands being treated for "esophageal" cancer and her doctors told her she "has numbered days to live."  Damn.  In two paragraphs she sent me soaring at the thought of seven million pounds then into a crash landing by bringing up her own mortality.  Why did she have to point out she is dying from the same cancer I have?  Of all the cancers in the world, why did she pick esophageal?  What a downer.  I decided not "to fund churches, orphanages and widows" as Ms. Johnson enjoined me to do and concentrate on my own mortality.  You would think when diagnosed with a potentially fatal illness, and at my age, one would think a lot about death.  Strangely, I don't.  I find myself really living in the moment, the right now.  It is a delightful experience so why muck it up by thinking about death.  I'm sure one day I will give some thought to the philisophical, theological, metaphysical and mystical aspects of dying, but not right now.  The day ended on an upbeat note.  I got an email from the Federal Ministry Finance telling me Dr. John Idika has been personally appointed to handle a payment of $4.1 million to me.  Wow!

1 comment:

Bob raser said...

Next, the Federal Ministry will send you a check for that amount plus $100,000 and ask you to deposit it and send them the change. Most AARP members do it and later find out the check is NG and that they are responsible for the loss to the bank. The bank is clean and you are stuck. I love Nigerians living in London. A guy I know was conned out of $$$$ King season box seats by a guy in Australia who did this all the time. When the guy protested the con man e-mailed, "You American's are all so stupid". He showed that to his neighbor who was Asst DA in LA for internet fraud. Normally they don't deal with this petty dollar stuff - but the "stupid" got his attention. They paid off the Aussie's house man [yes he was that rich from cons] to let them know when teh con guy might be traveling to the US. Whe word came the con man was on a flight stopping in LA. They went full SWAT team "assault" on the plane doing all the yelling and sweaping weapons over passengers heads and got their shel shocked man. The guy is now in jail forever. Seems they found drugs in his bags he says were not his as well a photos of children au natural. No clue how that got there?
Thanks for your comments.