Translate

Sunday, July 31, 2016



How disgusting can Donald Trump get?

At the Democratic National Convention, Khizr Khan, father of Capt. Humayun Khan, a Muslim-American soldier killed in Iraq, challenged Donald Trump, “What have you sacrificed?”

Trump’s reply: “I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot.” He forgot to add he also made millions and millions of dollars for his “sacrifice.”

Personally, I found that absolutely reprehensible. Reprehensible, because how can you equate creating jobs and making millions with losing a son in battle as a “sacrifice”?

Personally, because I did make a sacrifice for my country.  I gave up three and a half years of my life to wear the uniform of the U.S. Navy right out of college and put off my career to serve.  Donald Trump got numerous student deferments, then on graduation, a medical deferment for a “bone spur” and when questioned about it he couldn’t remember what foot it was on.

Donald Trump believes he can justify and excuse all his ethical shortcomings and dubious morals by citing how much money he has made.  Asked about whether he has had any dealings with Russia he replies that once he bought a Florida house in foreclosure for $40 million and sold it to a Russian for $100 million as if that had any relevance to the question.  He deflects any direct question to find a way to boast about how much money he makes.   As if huge amounts of money exonerates him from providing factual answers.

When confronted with his disgusting mocking of a reporter with disabilities he countered that he builds ramps for the disabled in his buildings.  In other words, he seems to feel that if he spends money on something (which of course involves making money for himself) that justifies anything he says no matter how obnoxious.

Nothing, absolutely nothing matters to Donald Trump except his ego and how much money he has.  So for him, hey, what’s one dead soldier compared to his “sacrifice” of having a “tremendous success”? 

No comments: