Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

When you acquire cancer, you get philosophical about things like considering diseases as metaphors.  I have friends who have various heart conditions whom I think of as living in a kind of “tornado alley” where disaster can strike with little or no warning.  On the other hand, cancer is like living in Florida where you can get wiped out by a hurricane.  But, you know it’s coming and you even know where it is coming from and sometimes how intense it will be, however, you don’t know how devastating it will be until it hits.  Now I have learned that my current cancer hurricane is located in my left lung and that it will make “lung fall” (couldn’t resist that) this Thursday morning when they will pry open my chest to take it out.  I have been told I will remain in the hospital from four to seven days depending how severe the cancercane is (couldn’t resist that one either).  So we’ll brace for the storm’s arrival, get through it, assess the damage and then figure out how to get on with the rebuilding.

2 comments:

David Tudor said...

Good luck Bill. I hope you don't need FEMA or any of the disaster insurance companies the follow the hurricanes. I had a friend in Augusta Maine who was a disaster insurance adjuster. He wa always on the road. He complained of paperwork. Take your comment a few weeks back and squared.
David

Burt said...

Keep the ipad handy for the 'clean-up' reports.