Translate

Wednesday, June 05, 2013


Cancer is the Al-Qaeda of diseases. It is sinister, unscrupulous, unpredictable and deadly.  And it is after me again.  A routine PET scan to see if the esophageal cancer was still gone, showed a spot on my left lung which a biopsy determined was melanoma!  Yes, I know, melanoma is supposed to be a skin cancer but as my oncologist explained it can travel through the blood stream and “hide” somewhere inside the body.   Then BAM like a roadside bomb it explodes from its hiding place.  So here we go again.  The good news is I don’t have to go through chemotherapy one more time.  The bad news is we’re going to undergo major surgery.  Let’s see.  I had melanoma surgically removed from my cheek three years ago.  I was diagnosed with prostate cancer (right now the least of my worries).  I had esophageal cancer requiring radiation and massive doses of chemotherapy and now melanoma is in my lung.  Do you think in my case Medicare can get a volume discount?

1 comment:

Burt said...

It is added to you frequent flier miles/visits. We just got back from Montana--High School graduation for grand child in Missoula.