Translate

Sunday, September 20, 2015


American soldiers, sailors and marines did not fight to deprive women of their right to abortion
Here is what Representative Trent Franks, R-Ariz. said about the impending Republican threat to shut down the government over funding Planned Parenthood:  “Our response as a people and a nation to these horrors shown in these videos is vital to everything those lying out in Arlington Cemetery died to save.” I don’t give a damn what your position is on abortion.  Personally, I think abortion is none or your business, my business, nor the government’s business.  But what I really find despicable is Franks’s reference to our dead military personnel in Arlington.  This asshole was born in 1957 and never served a day in the military.  I’m old enough to remember WWII and all our subsequent wars.  My uncle Bill was on the beach at Iwo Jima and my uncle Cliff was in the battle of the bulge (Bastogne) and I can assure you my uncles and all America was not fighting to deprive women the right to an abortion.  This is the kind of disgusting pseudo-patriotic crap the Republicans are foisting on the American people to justify their repressive policies.

No comments: